Wow, things are poppin here in Sassari. Lots to blog about. Starting off, Jenny and I wanted to throw Ro and Salome a baby shower before they left us. It was a great time with all the Sassari girls, and fun to see Ro and Salome getting some gear for their little ones.
Here is the setup of our food. Notice my rainbow fruit skewers I was so proud of. Pinterest is just the best:) .... wait that is not the full table of food, it looks kind of weak there but we had some good grub!
Our Sassari wives club
So a couple days after that we had to get ready for Roma. We need a US passport for Lou in order to come home. I was a bit overwhelmed thinking of taking Lou on his first trip, but it went so well. I mean I must be honest Rome was not like it used to be for Drake and I, but we had a great time with our Diener family and got to see Dinamo win their 7th straight win. They are lookin good. Lou was a perfect little boy on his first flight. In Italy a babies first flight is a big deal. They gave him a certificate and the pilot came out to see him.
Relaxing with dad before his game
We wanted to document Lou's first trip to Rome so we took a picture of him in front of all the good stuff. Here he is in front of the US Embassy.
The pantheon
Our first shot in the Vatican. A big gust of wind came right as we were taking his picture! He doesn't like the wind.
(PS I didn't realize how crazy we looked taking these pictures until I saw Ro's blog)
Drake found a pretty unbelievable apartment for rent on VRBO. It was great just spending time together and hanging out. Back in the day we would have been staying out till all hours of the night. Times are a changing.
Dad and Lou in Campo di Fiori
Aren't they going to make such good parents:) I love this shot. Their little girl will be here in about a month! So exciting!
We also had to say goodbye to Ro, which was not fun. My family just left yesterday (my next blog) so I am starting to feel her absence much more, but.... tomorrow we leave for Cagliari where the guys will be practicing the rest of the week, and they invited the wives. How nice! Then after that we have Rippl and Derek and Elisa coming. Looking forward to more visitors.






1 comment:
Too cute with all of the pics of Lou in Rome! The best is the one with the gust of wind. What a cute face!!! He's growing so quickly.
Post a Comment