Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bologna - Italian Cup

This past weekend was the Italian Cup in Bologna, a tournament for the top 8 teams through the first half of the season. Avellino is about 6 hours away so Tia (Chris Warren's gf) and I drove up early the day of the game. It was a great day for a nice drive. We hit some traffic so that is how I was able to snatch this picture.


Unfortunately we lost in the the first round, disappointing but at least we got to spend the rest of the weekend in Bologna because Drake had 3 days off.

After the game this fan came running up to Drake, explaining the problems with the team from his point of view. You can tell Drake looks pretty interested... I had to take a picture.

A Drake supporter

Okay I know you are probably surprised that I would put this fantastic picture up of myself. Drake is always squishing my face, he grabbed it and took this picture, we laughed too hard, thought you could get a laugh too.

I really liked the city of Bologna, lots to do, would be happy to be there for a season. In the center there are these big towers that families used to build to show their wealth. Don't know if you can tell but these two are leaning about 6 meters. We climbed up one of them for some very nice views of the city.






The teams hotel was all decked out for Avellino.

We got to spend some time with our great friends Gianma and Roberta

Had dinner with them and Poz

Okay this is a little pay back for my bad picture. They brought us out a tray of different deserts so that is what you are seeing in the middle.

That's all for now. Ciao!


1 comment:

Admin said...

Great pics! Stinks you all lost in the first round but at least there seems to be fun stuff to do.

Nice hair cut Drake, hope it helps you in your "tennis game" this summer :)

Nate